April Showers Bring May Flowers!

My last Pharm for Thought blog post-

Just like that, a year of time spent at Tulane is coming to a close! Though the last month and a half hasn't physically been at Tulane with the COVID-19 restrictions, online classes concluded and that's a wrap!

Our last Cellular Control test was yesterday, and boy was it hard! But thankfully it's all over and now the real challenge of job hunting, MCAT studying, and med school applications will consume my time.

Though I have been going slightly stir crazy, I used my newfound large amounts of time in the past few weeks to volunteer! Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10:30-12:30 I've been preparing meals on the West Bank at a middle school with ladies who work for Volunteers of America. We include breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for students of the school, up to 10 meals a day per family. I really enjoy it, knowing that so many kids in Jefferson Parish rely on school lunch to eat, so making sure that they can still do so in the midst of school closures means a great deal to me. We package anywhere from 300 to 700 meals a day! Parents and siblings drive up, signal to us how many meals they're in need of, and package milk, fruit, a vegetable, a main course, and breakfast, and then hand it off to them in passing in the carline. This system allows for proper social distancing with masks and gloves, and not coming within 6 feet of anyone!

I truly cannot believe this year has come to a conclusion already; I've met so many great people in the class and amazing faculty who truly fostered such a great environment for learning. I look back fondly on all the memories made over this last year!

Cheers!

April Service Hours: 12
Total Spring Hours: 21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Lagniappe

"March Madness" is an Understatement!

Costumes, Candy, & Anti-Coagulants